Who We Are
CRU Adjusters is an independent adjusting firm specializing in customized claim management solutions, operating in Canada as Catastrophe Response Unit Inc. and in the US as Catastrophe Response Unit USA Inc.
CRU provides a wide array of loss adjusting, administration and claim management or consulting services for all lines of business including a unique skill set in responding to the demands of catastrophic events or disasters.
- Respected senior executive and management team with a diverse background of experience, and centuries of global claims knowledge.
- North American reach with licensed offices and people across the US and Canada.
- Our team includes licensed adjusters, inspectors, claim analysts, appraisers and catastrophe deployment personnel, along with professionals in accounting, information services, risk management, corporate management and customer service.
- We have specialty adjusting groups to meet client-specific needs.
- Resources who conduct extensive knowledge-based training that has demonstrated increased skill development to the benefit of participants.
Founded in 2004, CRU provides staffing solutions and claim management services for the Property & Casualty insurance industry across North America.
- CRU started as a family business and remains one today.
- With the acquisition of Maltman Group International and the Academy of Insurance Adjusting (AIA), our unique focus is to deliver top quality claims adjusting with the most technically proficient people via continuous training.
Our Core Values
To distinguish ourselves in the industry, we have adopted unique principles that have allowed us to quickly grow to meet an increasing market need.
- Customer-centric approach to our processes: We start with our clients expectations and value proposition to its customers.
- Commitment to continuous training and education of our team to ensure we are ready with the state-of-the-art answers to the constant changing environment of insurance claims.
- Technology solutions and data analysis to assist in exceeding our clients’ expectations.
When disaster strikes, customers put their faith in the promise of their insurance policy, to deliver the financial protection and service they need to return to normal life as quickly and easily as possible.
These are the moments when that promise must be fulfilled. CRU knows how to deliver on that promise for its clients with:
- Processes designed to deliver the best in: response time, policy knowledge, alignment to carriers’ processes, mitigation, documentation, indemnity leakage management and cost-effective loss adjusting expenses.
- The goal of high policyholder satisfaction and retention
- Stellar performances during times of adversity
- Experienced and knowledgeable claim management professionals where and when required.
- Accurate data collection and data analytics that meet client expectations.
- Bespoke services including, task assignments , full handle, inside, outside, residential, auto, commercial, environmental, daily, catastrophe, or specialty training.
- Service Level Agreements that are tracked, monitored , analyzed and reported
- Mutually beneficial, long-term partnerships and relationships with our carriers and our adjusters.
In a Changing Industry: We are Forward Thinking
Our claim professionals understand the technical aspects of claims adjudication, loss cost containment, customer service and the importance of timeliness and good communication with our clients and their customers.
- We provide unique and superior claim management services for insurance companies, self insured corporations, government entities and reinsurance businesses.
- Through the utilization of proprietary technology, we are able to quickly match our adjusters’ skill sets and availability to client claim needs.
- 24/7/365, anywhere in North America, we are able to deploy services to help our clients
- In addition to our fully-credentialed adjusters, appraisers and inspectors, we have a full complement of consulting services, administrative and claims management ready to assist.